Thing-a-day 2008

I've been intermittently posting on Thing-a-day but assiduously making . Today I am making a blog for the first time.

This afternoon I completed what will be the first of many (I hope) recycled plastic bag baskets. I used a 10mm crochet hook and no pattern, simply winging a flat circular bottom and sides as tall as I felt would be useful before drooping. I had half a dozen bags in beige that I used for a row of trim.



A wonderful tutorial on how to make the yarn is here (thank you!):



I carry cloth totes when I go shopping, but I get most of my groceries delivered. They arrive in the store's plastic bags, so I'm very glad to have a use for the stuff which builds up pretty quickly. What will happen after the probably inevitable ban is fodder for conjecture. I can imagine the happy day when we plastic yarn crafters will be scrounging for bags as hard to find rarities. Maybe that will make this basket a costly collectible!

Comments

Cid said…
Robyn...it's beautiful :) you should put some in your etsy store!!
Thank you. Maybe I will put some in the store, although then I won't have them to use.

I made another bag using a round loom, with a crochet handle reinforced by adding kitchen twine to it. I should take it out and see about the stretchiness.
gail said…
I love this bag, Robyn and glad to see you have a blog. I've been doing the Thing-A-Day but not really creating much to show rather I've been trying to get in touch with my creative side through exploring some music and ideas. If you don't mind, I'd like to add your blog to my list of favorites on my blog. It's all quite new to me but I'm really enjoying it.
Mind?! I'd be delighted, Gail. Thank you.

Popular posts from this blog

Pattern to Market Challenge - Mood Board 1