I'm so very excited to have sold three of my Dream Star dolls. They will soon be living happily in new homes in Europe. There are still two available on Ebay, and I have started another. This will be the last of this particular "mosaic tile" fabric. The next batch will be spring like.

Here are what the sold ones look like, all packed up and ready to go:


It is amazing the difference the hair makes to the liveliness of the dolls. The work-in-progress, nekkid and hairless, yet vaguely Byzantine:


Yesterday I made some pouches for my Thing-a-Day entry (http://www.thingaday.com/). My husband is on the Board of the Cinema Audio Society which presented their annual film awards for excellence in sound recording last night. The Technical Achievement Award statuettes are polished aluminum. I made some pouches to protect them from
fingerprints and scratches in travel.
I reused the legs from an outgrown pair of my daughter's fleece trousers. I sewed across the bottom of the bag (across the thigh), then squared off the corners to make a flat bag. Finally I threaded some cording through the hem as a drawstring. And there they were - pale pink but certainly perfectly utilitarian.




Comments

Pam said…
Congrats, I am glad you are having such success with e bay!
Pam
Unknown said…
Welcome to Art doll Makers. I love your work and can't wait to see more.

maryellen
Thank you Pam, and thank you Maryellen. I am pretty new to art doll making. My daughter's love of every possible kind of doll led me to start and now I'm hooked. I'm looking forward to looking around the blogring and being inspired.

Popular posts from this blog

Pattern to Market Challenge - Mood Board 1