Creativity Blast!

Sign up for my Iggy Jingles and Craft-It-Easy Creativity Blast Newsletter and receive exclusive content on all manner of creative topics!

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Recycled cotton reel pin cushions

Aren't they cute?

I'm tired of losing needles when I put them down, or having to push them into my clothes or the tablecloth because my regular pretty pincushion is too big to carry around when I am sewing or beading on the go.

I also seem to go through a lot of thread, especially since much of it is inherited from my mother's store and the reels are partly used. I just hate tossing so many empty reels.

Here's my really fast solution. A piece of felt, a circle of colorful fabric and a small wad of polyfil.

I have a feeling all my friends who sew are going to get one.

2 comments:

jellybelly*jellybrain said...

I'm glad it's not just me that sticks pins and needles into my t-shirts!
I tend to forget they are there until I get a sharp stab in my booby!
Gorgeous dolls!

Robyn L. Coburn said...

Thanks for commenting.

Send me your address by email and I'll send you pincushion and save your poor boobies!

dezignarob@gmail.com