If I just don't sleep...


.....I should have my White Maiden bead head doll ready by Saturday. It's going to be a few days of take out too, I'm suspecting.



At the moment she looks something like a mummy, but that will change (I hope!). More...er..shape to her body than the elderly Granny. Same 16 guage wire armature; this time I used a clamp to help hold the wire while I twisted and that saved a lot of ache in my hands. Polyfil batting and washed unbleached muslin. In Australia we call this unbleached calico.


Note the hands already prepared. I made a quick jig out of toothpicks and some styrofoam packaging material. Not the most sturdy jig, but it got the job done.

The beads around her face are a reclaimed wooden necklace. (Well the background is in focus, but you get the idea.)

This is roughly where we are headed with her:

Back to work...or I should say back to super Fun!! More later.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pattern to Market Challenge - Mood Board 1