Creativity Blast!

Sign up for my Iggy Jingles and Craft-It-Easy Creativity Blast Newsletter and receive exclusive content on all manner of creative topics!

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Dream Star dolls in progress


I'm working on a bunch of commissions and some seasonal dolls.

Here are a whole lot of painted faces - acrylic on muslin sealed with acrylic sealer. I had fun! The faces really come to life once the shine dot is put in the eye. Lots of different ethnicities and makeups.

Yes, I am planning some green faced witches for Halloween! The two faces on the left were painted by my nearly 9yo daughter as her contribution. Such personality.

2 comments:

twenty pound tabby said...

How teeny tine are these faces? They look as tiny as ones I did a few years ago (also acrylic on muslin). People thought I was nuts working so tiny. Yours look beautiful!
http://home.earthlink.net/~cnettercrafts1/sewing/beaded_fairies.html

Robyn L. Coburn said...

Each face is 1 1/2 x a scant 1 inch wide. I have an oval template I made to scale with the head of the Dream Star dolls.

I have made smaller ones for pin dolls that were 1/2 inch high x about 1/3.