Wool Flannel Skirt



Starting on one of my goals at once - just for you Pam - here are some photos of an A-Line vintage wool skirt with patchwork, machine embroidery and button embellishments around the hem that I made between Christmas and New Year. It has no waistband which suits my body best, reaches to just below my knee, and boy is it toasty. I want more clothes that let me wear my couple of pairs of cute winter boots. Perhaps the flannel is a little stiff for an A-Line, but I like the look and feel of it. I have more of this wool from my MIL, recently dry cleaned, although I have to cut around some moth holes from ages past. There is probably a matching jacket in my future, with some fancy detailing...


The patches are all made from remnants from doll making, so a mix of vintage and new quilting cottons, or clothing remnants I snagged from the last Swap-o-rama-rama where I designed - bits of shirt sleeves or old skirts.

Comments

Pam said…
that is so cute. I love the patchwork.

Popular posts from this blog

Pattern to Market Challenge - Mood Board 1