Mum and Me layouts


Here's a heritage layout - very simple, quick and fun. I used stamps to make the title, and incorporated paper doilies into the flowers. I also did some machine stitching just for fun using variegated threads from Dual Duty, which picks up the narrative - my Mum sewed these clothes we are wearing.  
I used my EK Success circle cutter. Guess what I use for a glass cutting mat - you never will - the tempered glass turntable from my old microwave oven which died about 8 months ago. I knew I was right to keep it. I'm not sure if you can see in the photo, but there is a lot of variety of texture in the papers. Some have linen finish, while th old gold color is shiny metallic.
Papers: Colorbok, DCW Autumn, All Girl, AC Cardstock, generic paper doilies.
Borders: K& Company "Julianne"
Brads: Recollections
Inks: Michaels brand.
Pens: Zig Millenium, Zig Calligraphy markers


This is the first time I've done a page that was mostly journal. I wanted to tell the funny story. I had this paper that seemed to cry out for calligraphy. Hmm - I'm not 100% sure I'll keep it, but I do like the little vignette that the photos make. I guess making coordinating mother-daughter outfits was a trend in the late 1960's.
Papers: DCW Autumn, All Girl 
Swirls: K & Co Punch outs - "Julianne"
Tag: Colorbok punch out.
Pen: Zig Calligraphy markers.
Button: vintage from stash.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pattern to Market Challenge - Mood Board 1