Ongoing WIP

Stil hard at work on the commissioned mermaid. This is a shot of my "project tray". I like to put a smallish ongoing project onto a tray to keep the delicious ingredients together, and so that I can move it from place to place in my matchbox...I mean apartment...including off the dining table or off the ironing board. I reuse the plastic bowls and dishes that microwave meals come in for all kinds of crafting purposes, like holding my immediate supplies. I use screw top lidded jars from the kitchen supply aisle so that I can transport threads and stuff out of the house in a bag or (crocheted plarn) basket. These ones from Ziploc are just the right size, and the lids work as a bead tray too.
The tray itself has a story. One day I'll post a picture of it empty (if it ever is empty). It's from my late father-in-law's house. It's a framed poster from one of his most famous cowboy movies, The Magnificent Seven, with a couple of drawer pulls as handles. I swear I didn't make it, although it definitely is the kind of thing I would make!

Comments

Wow, the beading is beautiful. I've just recently started beading, and I'm having the hardest time finding sequins. Can I ask where you get yours?
Thank you. I get my sequins from a couple of different sources. There is a fabric outlet in a mall near me that often sells bags of sequins, and I have also bought them from Michaels craft store.
Online I have bought them online from www.sequinsdirect.com and www.ccartwright.com . I was happy with the sequins I got from both sources. Other sequins in my stash were from my mother's stash - so no help there.
Ann said…
WOW..been to both your blogs..IMPRESSIVE artwork!! I really love what you do!

Popular posts from this blog

Pattern to Market Challenge - Mood Board 1