The Time of Your Life set design


 I'm really thrilled with the results of this scenic design for the First Year AOS student production, especially the creativity and leadership of my student design collaborator, Jonathan Millan. He stepped up to lead the construction team and all those kids works super hard to build and realize a set design  that worked very well. I'm grateful and really proud of the whole class.

The design was stylized realism, making good use of the inherent characteristics of the theater space itself and building a nice sense of space. I also got to do some nice original art for the set.  Here are the three acrylic and mixed media on canvas works in a sketchy style.





I have now had the pleasure of teaching theater production to two cohorts of fine young actors. I hope I get to come back next April and continue helping them understand the thought process and design thinking behind costumes, sets, lighting, sound, props, and all that goes into getting a show on the stage. It has been 20 years since I designed a theater set outside of a movie production - I haven't forgotten. 

Lee Strasberg is hosting an upcoming film festival - you can find out more about how to submit here.














Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pattern to Market Challenge - Mood Board 1

Shaman Spider Woman Bead Head Doll