Smash type art journal


Keep watch for my next article on Natural Life Magazine's website. It's how to make an art journal or "smash book" - a new/old journal practice that includes adding ephemera, clippings, photos and notes about....whatever - your life, your day, your plans, your to do list, your deep thoughts.

I've never been very assiduous about keeping diaries. I enjoy blogging however. And I think I'm going to enjoy keeping a smash journal, especially since I've made it myself (using ScraPerfect Best Glue Ever) with plenty of papers that I like to look at. I've used a combination of scrapbooking papers, old magazines, photocopies of vintage papers that another artist sent me, and some very pretty illustrations from a Smithsonian calendar from a few years ago, along with some other bits and pieces.


I added assorted embellishments - some rub-ons, stamps and a few stickers. My challenge is to just go over the papers with my pens, markers and images.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pattern to Market Challenge - Mood Board 1