CHA report

Here's some of the sample display and the prize package.

I've just spent a few glorious days at CHA in Anaheim with ScraPerfect. I made some cards for my demo slots, although no-one was really interested in what I was doing because it was far more fun and informative to listen to Amy talk about her products. We are especially excited about the new Best Cleaner Ever.

Amy at work.

I traded two Dream Star dolls for some gorgeous Czech glass beads (as I have used in the dolls) from Beader's Paradise in Knoxville, TN (their website will be up at the end of February) and I'm sure we both think we got the best of the deal. I have an upcoming commission that some of the beads will adorn. 

Brush with fame: I spoke to Vicki Howell and Cathie and Steve at the Plaid exhibit. I can hardly wait to buy this collection of useful hot glue tools. Mod Podge has an upcoming new line of very nice spray sealers too, but we'll have to wait until midsummer to see most of them in stores. I want the one in the fushia container.

I scored a nice collection of high quality scissors from Westcott and some beautiful cling stamps from Stampin' Up, and have come away feeling like I can hold my head up next to all the other design teams. My scrapbooking in general is not out of place beside the luminaries working for some of the big, luscious paper companies. Half the show is scrapbooking and paper crafts. I'm interested in the acrylic shapes that some folks are making. 

First demo on Sunday - for my father's Birthday next week - and he is a philately enthusiast.

Second Demo on Monday - today Feb 2 is our 15th Wedding Anniversary.

I met some publishers, and I feel revitalized about some of my ongoing writing projects. I feel revitalized in general actually. 

I finally got to see a Bind-it-All in action - now I get it - and they have a very heavy duty corner rounder - Round-it-All - that punched through chipboard like butter even with my somewhat weak hands. More for the wish list.

And I learned about some cool products, including a collection of fine abrasives and related tools from Crafty Cat, that are all in candy colors. I have samples I'm looking forward to trying out. Hopefully I can return my glass nail file to my manicure set. James needs sanding tools for his Precious Metal Clay work also. I like how Crafty Cat had kits packaged according to crafting need - Jewelry and Metal, Wood and Papers, Stone, and Polymer Clay and Resin.

My cards and mini-album. I didn't make the sweet little bird on a branch to the left - but it's rather nice.

Yay - Amy won an award!

Thank you for the opportunity, Amy. I wouldn't have had the chance to go without you.


Comments

Margie Higuchi said…
Robyn, it was FABULOUS to meet you!! Wasn't CHA just an amazing time?! Love it (& ScraPerfect) for brining us together :)
Thanks so much Margie! It was so great to meet you and some of the design team, and Deborah who is so patient. I think Amy had a good, successful show also.

Popular posts from this blog

Pattern to Market Challenge - Mood Board 1