Art Doll Works-in-progress


Here is my work so far on two Kabuki Dream Dolls. These are definitely one of a kind, in a very short series.

Their faces, which I painted, are not any particular mask - I wouldn't presume - but more of a general rendering of the style. The fabrics were bought new for a change, from a specialty quilt store. But a few years ago.

As you can probably tell the Floral Kabuki Dream Doll is a little further along than the Black and White. I plan to dress them in wrap style Japanese pants (Hakama) or perhaps a skirt, and removable short kimono style jackets. Expect more beading, couching, applique and some embroidery. I'm still thinking hard about their hair.

Being Dream Dolls they are about 14 inches tall, with an internal wire armature for support. I don't know whether The Gallery 9 will want them for their store, or whether they will be on my Etsy. I recently received some vintage and distressed wooden beads that may be part of the final result. They will include a decorated wire stand.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pattern to Market Challenge - Mood Board 1